Friday, July 15, 2011

I Love Summer Break

It has been a long time since I posted on this blog because we are summer break. I love summer break but I have been missing those lazy fall mornings that allowed for school work, reading and private pursuits. I know the time will be on us soon. I will then miss the hot, exhausting days of summer. I have been keeping the kids' journey in my other blogs, The Summer in the Garden (http://www.thesummerinthegarden.blogspot.com/) and Journey to a Thousand Tomorrows (http://www.chinaforasister.blogspot.com/).

The oldest two will be heavy hitting their 4-H projects soon. It takes a lot of supervision but I enjoy the outcome. That makes it worth it for me...kinda.

All of the kids went to camp. They were gone for three days. THREE DAYS of freedom and guess what I did? Yup, you guessed it. I mowed the lawn, did the laundry and kept up on the dishes. Then I went to the store and bought all of the foods that they like so that I would be ready for them to come home. I think I am crazy. I should have been lounging by some pool and sipping margaritas.

The kids won't start school officially until October- though I make them do all kinds of posters and notebooks, demonstrations and performances and showing at the fair. Let's hope that all of the work pays off and they will grow up to be interesting and engaging adults who are able to handle themselves with poise.

I will try to keep up on this blog. Thanks for the interest~

~Camo Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment